Friends who drive all know that there is an oil pressur […]
Friends who drive all know that there is an oil pressure switch on our car, and it is an important thing for the car. Generally, it is on the main oil of the steel body of the car, and some are next to the oil filter. , depending on the model. In addition, there is another thing closely related to the oil pressure switch, which is the oil pressure gauge. Many people will ask, how to use the oil pressure gauge?
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface, wait long enough (2-3 minutes) for the oil to return, and measure if the oil level is too low. Add the recommended grade of engine oil and fill the crankcase until the oil level reaches the "FULL" mark on the dipstick.
2. Run the engine and confirm that the vehicle pressure gauge or indicator light does not show low pressure or no oil pressure. Listen for valve train noise or knocking.
3. Remove the oil pressure sensor or another engine block oil passage plug.
Install a pressure gauge and measure the pressure
4. Install the oil pressure gauge, start the engine and warm it up to the normal working temperature (80 ℃), and measure the engine oil pressure.
5. Compare the reading to the specification. Taking the new LaCrosse LDK engine as an example, the minimum oil pressure at idle speed is 206 kPa, and the maximum oil pressure at 1000 rpm is 482 kPa
If the engine oil pressure is lower than specified, check the engine for one or more of the following conditions:
① The oil filter with check function and the O-ring on the cylinder block side of the filter is normal
②The oil pump is worn or dirty
③ The bolts from the oil pump to the front cover of the engine are loose.
④The oil pump filter is loose, blocked, or damaged
⑤The O-ring of the oil pump filter screen is missing or damaged
⑥ Oil pump pressure regulating valve failure
⑦The bearing clearance is too large
⑧ The oil passage is cracked, porous or blocked
⑨ The oil passage plug is missing or improperly installed
6. Install the oil pressure sensor or oil passage plug.
7. Start the engine and check the oil pressure switch for oil leakage.
8. Turn off the engine and check whether the accessories are installed in place.